Core Value Guidelines
- Demonstrate RESPECT and follow all rules and policies.
- Demonstrate HONESTY and inform our staff if equipment is broken or in need of repair.
- Demonstrate RESPONSIBILITY and keep our Y clean by throwing away all garbage and keeping hallways and other areas free of clutter.
- Demonstrate a CARING attitude and use language appropriate for all ages.
- Demonstrate RESPONSIBILITY and use equipment properly.
- Demonstrate RESPECT towards other people and their property.
- Demonstrate RESPONSIBILITY and lock up all valuables. Quarter lockers are available if needed.
Guidelines for Kids at the Y
- Kids under 13 need to be accompanied by a parent unless they are participating in a YMCA program or scheduled open activities.
- Kids under 6 need a parent/guardian to stay on site even when they are participating in YMCA programs unless otherwise stated ex: Licensed Child Care
Youth Fitness Policy
- Ages 8-11: Youth may use “Kid Approved” Fitness Equipment if they meet the 4’8” height requirement, have taken the orientation with a parent/guardian and their parent/guardian is working out or standing beside them at all times. Kid Approved Fitness Equipment will be marked with a sticker and includes bikes, recumbent bikes, rowing machines, Octane machines and Nu-Step Machines.
- Ages 12-15: Must complete the Wellness Center Orientation at their branch then they may use any fitness equipment on their own.
- Wellness Director and Executive Directors reserve the right to determine equipment competency and limitations at any time to ensure the safety of participants and member service.
- Policy is subject to change at any time.
sex Offender Screening Notification
The YMCA reserves the right to deny access or membership to any person who has been accused or convicted of any crime involving sexual abuse, is or has been a registered sex offender, has ever been convicted of any offense relating to the use, sale, possession, or transportation of narcotics or habit forming and/or dangerous drugs, or is presently or habitually under the influence of dangerous drugs or chemicals, narcotics, or intoxicating beverages. The YMCA conducts regular sex offender screenings on all members, participants, and guests.