Our goal is to teach each Youth wrestler the basics and competitiveness in scholastic wrestling. For seasoned wrestlers they will have an opportunity to learn advanced techniques from the coaching staff. Each wrestler will learn positive sportsmanship, leadership, and build confidence on and off the mat.
ABOUT THE TEAM
- Wrestling practice beginning October 25th through Mid February.
- Practices held every Tuesday and Thursday 6:00-8:00 pm in the Main Gym at the West End Y.
- Matches are held at the West End Y on Saturday afternoons/evenings starting in November.
- For more info contact program director Erin Litwiler at [email protected].
- Each wrestler must be a member of the Y. The Wrestling program will allow up to four practices before the wrestler must become a member. Join at the Y or online now.
- Either a Youth or Family membership is required.
- Each wrestler is required to pay a team fee $75. The wrestling team program fee is separate from the West End YMCA membership, and is an operating fund to cover equipment, gym time and administrative costs. The program fee must be paid before the first practice. If needed, you can set-up a payment schedule through the business office (scholarships are available). Pay at the Y or online now.
The team has a Parents Committee which has made it a success year after year. We have a committee for all aspects of the team so please volunteer.
We also need parents to volunteer to help with practices and matches.
Email: [email protected]
About the Coach:
My wife’s name is Marcy and we currently have 3 children. Gavin is my 10 year old that sort of likes wrestling, loves soccer and baseball. Kensley is my 7 year old that loves dance, gymnastics, and tolerates soccer. Cohen is 1 and has yet yet to fall in love with a sport I don’t coach!
We’ve lived in Willoughby for 5 years now. I’m currently a Director of Manufacturing Engineering at a company in Streetsboro, Ohio. I’ve been with them for 10 years.
I started wrestling at the YMCA in 1982. I’m guessing I must have been there 8 years or so. I often came back to help during my middle school and high school years. My two brothers also wrestled at the YMCA for many years and currently help coach. This will be my 2nd full season helping the program to be what it used to be. We have many great coaches and families that help make this a great program!